Re: Unreadable font

On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 12:36 +0000, Iain Gilfillan wrote:
> Dear Sir
>
> When using IE6.0 on Win2K the vast majority of the pages on w3.org are
> unreadable for me and my colleagues. Having looked at your code I see
> that you only specify generic family fonts. I imagine this might be
> causing the problem as my system is then choosing an unreadable font
> from my system.

Hello Iain,

Having looked at the screenshot, I agree with your assessment that it's
unreadable. I'm not sure why that particular font is being selected. Our
style sheet calls for this order of font selection:

I'm not sure if this means you do not have either Arial or Helvetica
installed. I am not sure that this issue calls for fixes to the W3C home
page.

 - Ian

> I realise that the problem is probably being generated by my systems
> choice of font. A a Web Developer I use your site a lot, and it would
> be helpful to me and countless others I'm sure if you also specified
> some specific fonts in your stylesheets.
>
> I have attached a screenshot of what your site looks like on my
> machine
>
> Yours
>
> Iain Gilfillan
>

> This email has been scanned by Postini.
> For more information please visit http://www.postini.com
Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447