Re: Broken with Firefox? XML Parsing error: not well-formed?

From: Susan Lesch <lesch@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 20:15:36 -0700
To: "Stephen D. Williams" <sdw@lig.net>
Cc: site-comments@w3.org
Hello, Stephen,

> The http://www.w3.org home page is currently not viewable in Firefox
> 1.06.

Thanks for the report. Could you please try once again? I can reach
http://www.w3.org/ in Firefox 1.0.6 Windows and Mac. If the problem persists I
will forward your note to the Webmaster.

> Is this a bug in Firefox or is the page currently broken XML?
> In the past, some problems with W3.org directories has been that both
> the .xml and .html versions of pages were present.  Firefox advertises
> that it can handle both and if you don't specify the default for the web
> server to be .html, it returns .xml in a way that is normally not
> intended for W3C publishing style.  You might want to fix this for at
> least the home page.
> Note that both http://www.w3.org/index.html and index.htm are not found.

The filename can vary (Overview, home, etc.). I'm not aware of an index.htm or
index.html file in use in this case.

Hope this helps,
Susan Lesch           http://www.w3.org/People/Lesch/
mailto:lesch@w3.org               tel:+1.858.483.4819