Absolute font sizes! How can this be?

From: K Chayka <kchayka@c-net.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 16:54:36 -0500
To: site-comments@w3.org

Hello,

I've probably visited the W3C site more often than any other site in my
bookmarks file.  I always thought that, for the most part, y'all took
some care to practice what you preach.  Until now.

I was stunned when I came upon the SVG section
<http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/> and found it nearly unreadable.  Then
I discovered in the stylesheet:  body { font: 14px/19px ...}

It is difficult enough to convince web designers to follow the W3C's
published accessibility guidelines and use em or % units for font sizes.
 If they see W3C using px, that makes the arguments even more difficult
for them to swallow.

Please right this wrong.

thank you

K. Chayka