text/plain error

From: Ragabe <ragabe@ragabe.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 01:50:04 -0500
To: <site-comments@w3.org>
Hi;

I am running  <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="main.css" />

which is what is listed in W3C commands for external link.

My doc type us  <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"

My tags look like this:

It's giving me an error that it cannot validate my document because it is unable to validate text/plain.  I'm not running text/plain, I don't think.

I tried changing the doc to transitional, but that didn't work either.

I have previously validated with this type of head info and have had no problem.  What am I doing wrong?

Can you help me?

Thanks.