Re: the multi-coloured Google graphic on the W3C homepage....

From: lynn alford <lynn.alford@jcu.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 09:06:22 +1000
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Cc: site-comments@w3.org

At 05:06 PM 20/12/2003 +0000, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:

>Is anyone else concerned by the blatant promotion of Google on the W3C
>homepage?
>please note in the past there was merely a text label rather than a
>multi-coloured graphic.

It's fairly standard practice at this point to include the small google
graphic on any site that uses a google driven search.  It lets you know at
a glance which search engine you are dealing with.  When used consistently
across many sites, that adds to the usability of searching.

My personal site has a google search with a google logo for exactly that
reason.

Lynn