IE 5.2 in Mac

From: Philip Dodd <webmaster@pjdodd.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 22:40:49 +0000
To: site-comments@w3.org

Firstly I suggest you organise your pages so its crystal clear where
and what everything is. Secodnly i suggest a design that makes
navigation sensible, easy and logical. I felt lost looking at the
nerdy menus and since Ive no idea where to send my problem its gone
to you.

Ive re-written my side using valid html 4.01 and css (its not
uploaded yet). The problem i have is this: Using a valid doctype
(html transitional) internet explorer on the mac screws up in a big
way. I think it might having somehting to do with the fact i use
absolute and relative positioning. The code works fine in safari,
netscape, ie on pc even. The interesting bit is that if i remove the
doctype completely, ie on mac works fine. Why is this?

Im happy to put a note on my site slagging IE and telling mac users
not to use Evil Empire software, but would like the matter
investigated further (there are still some mac users who rely heavily
on IE).

Thanks