Re: new font??

From: Susan Lesch <lesch@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 12:59:13 -0700
To: lucinda <lucinda@thuntek.net>, site-comments@w3.org
Cc: bert@w3.org

lucinda wrote:

>The change in the font used for displaying the W3C documents makes
>them EXTREMELY difficult to read ... and I am not vision-impaired.

What is the URI for the page giving you problems? I am unaware of any
change to our CSS. I am sending a copy of this mail to Bert Bos in case
he knows of one.

(Just a note that I have seen different fonts when my browser was
running low on memory. Quitting and relaunching the browser fixes

>Please CHANGE this, or at least give the user an option to change the font.

You can use a user style sheet in all newer browsers set to any font
you like. This may work best for a site that you visit often, and less
well for Web-wide viewing. Also some W3C specs have alternate style
sheets you can choose from inside your browser (Netscape, Mozilla,
Opera and other browsers can do this).

Best wishes,
Susan Lesch           http://www.w3.org/People/Lesch/
mailto:lesch@w3.org               tel:+1.858.483.4819