Search from w3 home page

From: James Harvard <james.harvard@harvard-digital.co.uk>
Date: 02 Aug 2003 09:24:23 -0400
To: site-comments@w3.org

When I try to search W3.org using the form on the home page I almost
invariably end up with dozens or hundreds of results from your
mailing list archives.

I expect a search form entitled "Search <organisation name>" on a web
site to provide search facilities for the content of the *web site*,
and not to include all the archives of associated mailing lists.  I
don't think this is too unreasonable. ;-)

It is frustrating to have to either wade through all the dozens of
mailing list messages returned or add a filter to the Google search
terms (ie -site:lists.w3.org). Especially since there is a link right
underneath the search form to a page entitled "Search W3C Mailing
Lists"!

Regards,
James Harvard