A thought - nothing more

From: Mark Lee <mlee@sivm.si.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 16:57:31 -0400 (EDT)
To: <site-comments@w3.org>

I am a webmaster who tries to keep in touch with the various actitivities of
the W3C (I am not as up-to-date as I would like, but that is another
matter). In attempting to interest others of my colleagues to do the same, I
find that there is major drawback in not having a single repository of the
current Recommendations. 'Instant Gratification' is unfortunately
undermining the effort. Sifting through the site is not a loathsome task,
but much can be said for the quick reference approach especially when
dealing with a superior who is unwilling, or unable to spend much 'sifting
time'. Would you, or could you, consider the creation of a Current
Recommendations option on your site? Thanks for hearing me out.
                                  - Mark Lee
Mark Lee
Smithsonian Institution
Electronic HelpDesk & Software Distribution System Webmaster
mlee@sivm.si.edu