XHTML Strict 1.0 Question

From: <salman.rizvi@hrdc-drhc.gc.ca>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 09:01:25 -0400 (EDT)
To: <site-comments@w3.org>

Hi there,
This is the only email I could find relating to w3c, if this does not apply
here, could u please forward this msg to the right individual.
I was wondering if there are any tools out there, that clean up code to XHTML
Strict 1.0. I know HTML Tidy does XHTML cleaning, but only to Translational.
If you do know where I could find about such a tool I would greatly
appreciate it. Thanks.