Re: News page proposal

From: Susan Lesch <lesch@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 03:49:03 -0700
To: "TheCroll [mail.ru]" <thecroll@mail.ru>, site-comments@w3.org
TheCroll wrote:

>  And why not preserve the hronological order, while mark the most
>  important in red? For e. g., for today 'Refactoring RDF/XML Syntax
>  Working Draft Published' will be at the top but in black and
>  'Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) 1.0 Becomes a W3C Recommendation' will
>  be a bit lower, while marked in red (which will show its importance).

Thank you for the suggestion.

Accessibility guidelines [1] ask that one not use color alone to
distinguish items. As it stands, the top story is distinguished in two
ways: position and color.

Other means, like labels, 'hr' elements, font size, and so on might
accomplish this. In any case, I think that given our current design the
top story has to be first and be legible without scrolling.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/WAI-WEBCONTENT/#gl-color

--
Susan Lesch - mailto:lesch@w3.org  tel:+1.858.483.4819
World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) - http://www.w3.org/