[Fwd: SEC: UNCLASSIFIED usability problems with W3C site]

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 22:13:49 -0600
To: site-comments@w3.org
CC: "Butler, Owen" <Owen.Butler@defence.gov.au>
Butler reports a problem with the search engine...

attached mail follows:

Hi Dan

I think you are the man to whom useability issues should be addressed?

If not please forward to right person with thanks

It took me quite a while to find the search facility - Jakob Nielsen et all
suggest it should be prominently placed on the home page...

Unfortunately when I did find it - unexpectedly in truth - on the site map
page the damned thing didn't work anyway....

Over to you blue leader.

Owen Butler
Australia

PS I was searching for <colgroup>

And the error message was
An HTTP error occured while getting:
http://search.w3.org/Public/cgi-bin/query?mss=simple&pg=q&what=web&fmt=.&fil
ter=all&q=%3Ccolgroup%3E+
Details "Unable to contact target server onatopp.w3.org:11000 after 3
tries.".

Generated by http://search.w3.org/