Re: suggestion: provide more prominent links to Process Document

Geoff Hager wrote:

> I would suggest placing a link to the W3C Process Document a little more
> prominently on the site, like on the main page,

Hi Geoff,

We made a conscious decision not to include it there, but we
should revisit it. Maybe it's appropriate to have it in the A-Z list.

> as well as from the Status
> section of all documents. (http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Process-20010208/tr)

That's an interesting suggestion. Currently, the process is
described at the *bottom* of the TR page, in a section entitled
"About W3C Technical Reports" [1]. I can ask the W3C Communications
Team if they think it's a good idea to have a link from the
status section to a specific version of the Process Document.

Thank you for your suggestions,

 - Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/#About

> That would allow readers to easily gauge where any given document on the
> site stands in the certification process.  I think the 'Status' section in
> itself tends to provide insufficient context.  It took me a great deal of
> searching for a complete process description until I finally came across the
> Process Document; it really shouldn't be that difficult.  (By that point I
> had actually already drafted an email suggesting that you provide a process
> document!)
>
> thanks,
> Geoff Hager

Tel:                     +1 831 457-2842
Cell:                    +1 917 450-8783