Re: Web site comments

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 12:26:32 +0100
To: Nigel Vear <nvear@cadcon.co.uk>
CC: site-comments@w3.org
Nigel Vear wrote:

> I am in the process of updating my own companies and some friends web sites
> which are aimed at both able bodied and disabled customers.
>
> As I need to know more about this subject I looked on your site
>
> One major comment - Serif based fonts are far harder to read on screen that
> Sans-serif fonts
>
> Ie stop using Times family fonts and produce the pages in a display font
>
> I found the content useful but your own site could use some re-designing to
> make it easier to read

Nigel,

Thanks for your comments. Do you have URLs to specific
pages that specify serif fonts? Many of our pages (e.g.,
the home page, tech reports) use a style sheet that does not
specify a font style for text (at least most text). So
you may be getting a serif font due to your browser
settings. If you have URIs to pages that specify serif-fonts,
please let the owner of the page know.

Of you have other design suggestions, this is the forum for
discussing them.

Thank you,

 - Ian

Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447