Re: Relationships and Relations

> And yeah Relation, Property, and Relationship can definitely be classes
of things, in my view Relationship is simply a subclass of Event.

The marriage is an event, it brings about the fact that two one is the
husband/wife of the other. My birth brought about two parent/child
relationships between me and my parents.  By birth is not the relationship.
Signing a employment contract is an event that brings about a relationship
between the employee and employer. Relationships spring from events, they
cannot be assumed to be identical to these events.   You can view an
employment relationship that lasted 10 years as an event with a start and
end date. In that case the relationship and the event are more blurred.

--

Michael Uschold
   Senior Ontology Consultant, Semantic Arts