Re: Is scalability the key property of knowlege graph?

Le jeu. 13 juin 2019 à 07:40, 我 <1047571207@qq.com> a écrit :

> Dear all:
>
> When I first touch knowledge graph, I'm very confused. Different from the
> other AI theory,  it is not an pattern recognization algorithm which will
> give some "output" given some "input"(such as classify algorithms) ,but a
> program language(such as owl,rdf) and database(such as neo4j) instead.

It seems to me wordnet is knowledge graph, conceptnet is knowledge graph
same for wikidata. Those are refined data that is related together. I
consider basic SPARQL to be a pattern recognizer.

> So in my opinion, knowledge graph is more like a problem of engineering than
> mathematic theory.

Maybe not a mathematic theory, but still much paper has been printed on the
subject (semantic network, multinet, framenet), so I would not consider the
theory of knowledge graphs settled.

> Then I realized that different from the pattern recognization algorithm,
>

> the knowledge graph is created aimed at making the computes all over the
> world to  communicate with each other with a common language, and I have
> a question: Is scalability the key property of knowledge graph?

It depends on your scale. Otherwise how many users are you serving? What
kind of computation your are processing?

> There are many knowledge vaults edited by different language(such as
> owl,rdf ),but is it always hard to merge them and there is not a standard
> knowledge vault  on which  we can do advanced  development. So is it
> necessary to open a scalable  and standard knowledge vault so that
> everyone can keep extended it and make it more perfect just like linux
> kernel or  wiki pedia? What kind of knowledge should be contained in the standard
> knowledge vault so that it can be universal?

Some Desktop environment have create languages used by application to
interop the way you describe. It not world wide scale but still a good
example of how to create application that communicates between them to
create more value.

I imagine that the standard knowledge vault is an originator, and all of
> the other application copy the originator, then all of the other
> application can communicate under the same

I think multinet describe very well this idea of "knowledge vault" for
applications of natural language processing.

> common sense, for example when a application decelerate ''night", all of
> the other application will know it's dark.
>
> As I know, the knowlege graph is implement as a query service, but is it
> possible to implement it  as a program language,just like c++,java? In this
> way ,the compute can directly know nature language, and human can
> communicate with compute with nature language, also a compute can communicate with
> another compute with nature language.

This reminds me of this recent article about Natural Langue Interfaces to
Database Systems http://wp.sigmod.org/?p=2897