W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > semantic-web@w3.org > May 2017

Re: Controlled English Business Rules for RDF/OWL

From: Martynas Jusevičius <martynas@graphity.org>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 10:10:03 +0000
Message-ID: <CAE35VmzXApG3UtMQZO6kWh__mC+XZe1Q-LvFq-XjYRq3wq54aQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: Juan Sequeda <juanfederico@gmail.com>, Simon Steyskal <simon.steyskal@gmail.com>
Cc: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
Fluent Editor can do this:
http://www.cognitum.eu/semantics/FluentEditor/


On Fri, 12 May 2017 at 07.01, Simon Steyskal <simon.steyskal@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi!
>
> 2017-05-11 18:14 GMT+02:00 Juan Sequeda <juanfederico@gmail.com>:
>
>> I'm looking for pointers (papers and ideally working software), that
>> takes business rules, written in controlled natural language, in terms of
>> an OWL ontology and compiles to formal rules (let it be SPIN, SPARQL) and
>> then executed by a rule engine by evaluating queries directly in a
>> triplestore.
>
>
> Would you mind elaborating a bit more on your envisioned sample use case
> and/or provide examples for such business rules?
>
> Are you talking about something like:
>
> :alice a :client ;
>    foaf:age 10 ;
>    :insurance_ratio 0 .
>
> :bob a :client ;
>    foaf:age 20 ;
>    :insurance_ratio 0 .
>
> BR: "If the age of the client is between 18 and 25 then set the insurance
> ratio to 125"
>
> :alice a :client ;
>    foaf:age 10 ;
>    :insurance_ratio 0 .
>
> :bob a :client ;
>    foaf:age 20 ;
>    :insurance_ratio 125 .
>
>
> @pointers
>
> something like [1]?
>
> There was also an FP7 project called *ONTORULE (ONTOlogies meet business
> RULEs*) [2] which might be worth a look.
>
>
> br, simon
>
> [1] Amina Chniti <http://dblp.uni-trier.de/pers/hd/c/Chniti:Amina>, Sylvain
> Dehors <http://dblp.uni-trier.de/pers/hd/d/Dehors:Sylvain>, Patrick Albert
> <http://dblp.uni-trier.de/pers/hd/a/Albert:Patrick>, Jean Charlet
> <http://dblp.uni-trier.de/pers/hd/c/Charlet:Jean>:
> Authoring Business Rules Grounded in OWL Ontologies. RuleML 2010
> <http://dblp.uni-trier.de/db/conf/ruleml/ruleml2010.html#ChnitiDAC10>:
> 297-304
> [2] http://ontorule-project.eu/
>
> 2017-05-11 18:14 GMT+02:00 Juan Sequeda <juanfederico@gmail.com>:
>
>> All,
>>
>> I'm looking for pointers (papers and ideally working software), that
>> takes business rules, written in controlled natural language, in terms of
>> an OWL ontology and compiles to formal rules (let it be SPIN, SPARQL) and
>> then executed by a rule engine by evaluating queries directly in a
>> triplestore.
>>
>> Thanks for the pointers!
>>
>> Juan
>>
>> --
>> Juan Sequeda, Ph.D
>> +1-575-SEQ-UEDA
>> www.juansequeda.com
>>
>
>
Received on Friday, 12 May 2017 10:10:48 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Friday, 12 May 2017 10:10:51 UTC