Re: LinkedMDB dump?

From: Wouter Beek <w.g.j.beek@vu.nl>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 08:59:55 +0100
To: Martynas Jusevičius <martynas@graphity.org>
CC: Jean-Claude Moissinac <jean-claude.moissinac@telecom-paristech.fr>, "Luca Matteis" <lmatteis@gmail.com>, Pierre-Antoine Champin <pierre-antoine.champin@liris.cnrs.fr>, Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>, Paul Groth <p.groth@elsevier.com>
​Hi Martynas,​

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 8:51 AM, Martynas Jusevičius <martynas@graphity.org>
wrote:

> To provide only one of those might not be enough, but it does not mean a
> query technology breaks the open data agenda?

​I fully agree.  If Open Data is already disseminated as LDF or datadump
then it is a ​bonus to also have a SPARQL endpoint next to it.

However, there are many SPARQL endpoints out there today that do not (yet)
have an LDF or datadump equivalent sitting next to them.  Those SPARQL
endpoints do not implement the Open Data agenda, since they often enforce
limits.

​The point I'm raising is that we should not promote a technology that we
know in practice violates the very important requirement of being able to
obtain all the data.​

---
Best,
Wouter Beek.