Link relations between revisions of documents

From: Austin William Wright <aaa@bzfx.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2015 15:37:41 -0700
To: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
I've come across a problem trying to make it easy to revision documents
that have link relations to each other. I keep document which embed fairly
standard link relations like "up", "tag" and "collection". These documents
are stored in a database alongside metadata, revisioning link relations
like "predecessor-version".

So the links from one document might look something like this: { ex:foo3
iana:predecessor-version ex:foo2 ; iana:up ex:top . }

But what about the resource containing the previous, now-outdated document?
{ ex:foo2 predecessor-version ex:foo1 ; up ex:top . }

Both these documents are saying that "up" is pointing to the same document,
which might be correct. Suppose I use these link relations to build a
directory listing, then my listing will contain old versions of documents
that I don't want to include. How do I avoid this?

How do you revision documents in practice?

Austin Wright.