Re: scientific publishing process (was Re: Cost and access)

I'm always at a bit of a loss when I read this sort of thing. Kerning,
seriously? We can't share scientific content in HTML because of kerning?

In practice, web browsers do a perfectly reasonable job of text layout,
in real time, and do it in a way that allows easy reflowing. The
thing about Sarven's LNCS style sheets, for instance, is that I like the
most is that I can turn them off; I don't like the LNCS format.

Having said all of that, 5 minutes of googling suggests that, kerning
support is in Canditate Recommendation form from W3C, and at least three
different JS libraries that support it.

Phil

--
Phillip Lord,                           Phone: +44 (0) 191 222 7827
Lecturer in Bioinformatics,             Email: phillip.lord@newcastle.ac.uk