Re: Call for Linked Research

A publishing venue I'll suggest to all of you is

http://arxiv.org/

which actually does get some papers relevant to the semantic web,  see

http://arxiv.org/find/all/1/abs:+rdf/0/1/0/all/0/1

arXiv is something that fits the traditional paper-based model,  but
has open access.  It is the biggest physics publisher on the planet,
and whatever bad blood their could be with journals has been decided
on the favor of arXiv largely because the APS had a PMA about it back
in the 1990s,  when I was a grad student.

I can't speak for the ACM,  but if you are interested in the politics
the czar for computer science at arXiv is Joseph Halpern at Cornell
and you should talk with him: halpern@cs.cornell.edu
ᐧ

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 12:22 PM, Sarven Capadisli <info@csarven.ca> wrote:
> On 2014-07-28 16:16, Paul Houle wrote:
>>
>> I'd add to all of this publishing the raw data,  source code,  and
>> industrialized procedures so that results are truly reproducible,  as
>> few results in science actually are.
>

>> On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 9:01 AM, Sarven Capadisli <info@csarven.ca> wrote:
>>>
>>> 2. Publish your progress and work following the Linked Data design
>>> principles. Create a URI for everything that is of some value to you and

--
Paul Houle
Expert on Freebase, DBpedia, Hadoop and RDF