Re: Evaluation of ontology reuse choices in real-world scenarios

From: Ghislain Atemezing <auguste.atemezing@eurecom.fr>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 21:04:56 +0100
Cc: SW-forum Web <semantic-web@w3.org>, Linked Data community <public-lod@w3.org>
To: Bernadette Hyland <bhyland@3roundstones.com>
Hi Bernadette,
Many thanks for your answer.

> Can you be a bit more specific? Are you looking for evaluation criteria?
Yes, actually I am looking for evaluation criteria. Letís say two ontologies X and Y are built for the same domain D, without any Competency Questions (CQ). X and Y reused differently terms from other namespaces. If I was asked to run an experiment with users to evaluate (both qualitative and quantitative) those two ontologies , are they already framework to help me in this task?

>  There is of course basic vocabulary considerations aimed at helping people review a vocabulary to evaluate its usefulness in the Best Practices document but presumably you're looking for more or something different?? [1]

Thanks again for your advices.

Cheers,
Ghislain