Re: [Ann] WebVOWL 0.3 - Visualize your ontology on the web

On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 10:04 AM, Steffen Lohmann <
steffen.lohmann@vis.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:

> On 20.12.2014 23:43, Timothy W. Cook wrote:
>
>> It would be great to see meta data such as dc:description when you hover
>> over the images.
>>

> Timothy, I am not sure what you mean here. Currently, the complete label
> of the hovered element is shown in a tooltip, while additional information
> is provided in the "Selection Details" in the sidebar. As WebVOWL focuses
> on OWL, Dublin Core is currently only interpreted when being used as
> metadata for the entire ontology (i.e., for the title, author, and
> description info in the sidebar). Could you clarify?

​Steffen,

I think you understood completely.  :-)

You call it the label, Protege calls it the Description and in RDF/XML it
is the URI fragment after the # symbol in the rdf:about attribute.  So, I
am not exactly sure what it is supposed to be called, I call it the
'name'​; for what shows up in the tooltip.  Which is exactly the same thing
as what is in the circle, rectangle, etc. on the page.

In the sidebar 'Description' I do have a dc:description inside
the owl:Ontology definition.  However, it doesn't display in WebVOWL.

But my question was about the possibility of displaying (in tooltip or
sidebar) other Dublin Core metadata for each class and property.  This
would be really great documentation about the ontology being viewed.

Specifically I am talking about this one
http://vowl.visualdataweb.org/webvowl/index.html?#iri=http://www.mlhim.org/xmlns/mlhim2/mlhim246.owl

Thanks,
Tim

Timothy Cook