Re: [Ann] WebVOWL 0.3 - Visualize your ontology on the web

On 12/22/14 7:04 AM, Steffen Lohmann wrote:
> Kingsley, Alfredo, Timothy, Melvin,
>
> thank you for your comments and ideas.
>
> On 19.12.2014 17:57, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> do you have a permalink feature that makes any visualization doc
>> shareable via HTTP URLs ?
>
> Yes, we have (as already indicated by Melvin). For instance, you can
> use
> http://vowl.visualdataweb.org/webvowl/#iri=http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/
> to visualize the FOAF vocabulary - see
> http://vowl.visualdataweb.org/webvowl.html
>

> On 21.12.2014 04:11, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>> I would normally expect a ? in the query string however, rather than,
>> # which I presume is the 1337 way to hide the ontology from the server.
>
> Good point. We discuss it and maybe change to the query identifier (?)
> instead of the fragment identifier (#) in the next version of WebVOWL.
>

> On 19.12.2014 17:57, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> what about connecting your "custom ontology" feature to prefix.cc [1]
>> and LOV [2] ?
>
> That could indeed be nice and is already possible due to the
> customizable HTTP requests (see above).
>

> On 19.12.2014 17:57, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> Would you be able to make HTTP URIs that identify terms defined by a
>> selected ontology live? For instance, if I am exploring FOAF, and I
>> click on the foaf:Agent node, I should have an HTTP URI anchoring the
>> text "Agent [FOAF]" which then makes that node a live LOD Cloud
>> conduit. I notice you provide this capability via "selection
>> details", but I don't think most will realize its existence.
>
> Adding selected classes to the URL is a nice idea that we will discuss
> together with the above issue about the fragment identifier. If I got
> you right, you would like to have something like
> http://vowl.visualdataweb.org/webvowl/index.html?iri=http://purl.org/muto/core#Tagging
>
> which would then visualize the MUTO ontology and automatically select
> (and highlight) the "Tagging" class.
> Is that correct?

I just want the URI of the current node in the graph to be a live link
i.e., an exit point from the visualization tool to the actual source.
You offer something close to this in the side panel, but its scoped to
the entire ontology rather than a selected term.

I am suggesting you make the selected node text e.g., "Tagging" an HTTP
URI (hyperlink) via <a href="http://purl.org/muto/core#Tagging
">Tagging</a> .

[1] http://susepaste.org/36507989 -- screenshot showing what's currently
offered