Re: Deprecate http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns# in favour of /ns/rdf# ??

On 11/28/2013 10:20 AM, Damian Steer wrote:
> The issue is that they're hard to remember for authors, mostly, so we'd be better off saying:
>
> * rdf and rdfs prefixes are always bound to (whatever they are :-)
> * rdf and rdfs prefixes may not be bound to anything else
> * parsers should issue a warning if a document attempts to override them
. . . with a different URI, I assume you meant.

> Which is backward compatible, and requires little effort from library vendors.

Excellent, practical suggestion!   Amidst all the other discussion, I
don't think this suggestion got the attention that it deserved.  I would
add one more requirement also:

  * parsers should issue a warning if rdf: or rdfs: are used with terms
that are not defined in the RDF or RDFS specs (respectively).

That would detect mistakes like writing rdf:label instead of rdfs:label.

David