Re: RDF/A in the wild?

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 12:13 PM, Kendall Shaw <kshaw@kendallshaw.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> There seems to be no activity on the more public list. I hope this is not
> an inappropriate question.
>
> I probably have a fundamental misunderstanding but, where can I see RDF/A
> being used on a web page and resulting in the data being used to produce
> detailed search results in a search engine. The point being a real world
> actual use of RDF/A, not an example of how to use RDF/A.

A few random examples:
Event: http://www.curlingcalendar.com/tournaments/664 (Rich snippet
review<http://goo.gl/HqyKox>
, live search result <http://goo.gl/OXGw9N>)
Person: http://definitivedrupal.org/authors/jacine-luisi (Rich Snippet
preview <http://goo.gl/ghsk8a>, live search result <http://goo.gl/Zzo3An>)
Recipe: http://abc-dieta.sk/jahody-s-tvarohovou-plnkou.html (Rich Snippet
review <http://goo.gl/LJlgDz>, live search result <http://goo.gl/ci6J7C>)

(search for 'schema:' in the HTML source)

> If I look on the goodrelations website, there are examples of marking up
> web pages with microdata or rdf/a but the pages themselves do not use
> microdata or rdf/a. Or, I am looking in the wrong place.
>
> Another example, if I search for best buy, for example, in google, I see
> detailed search results, but I see no microdata or RDF/A anywhere that I
> have looked there.

If no RDFa or microdata is found, often search engines will try to extract
some data using some proprietary heuristics or microformats.

Steph.