Re: vCard Update

On 15 Oct 2012, at 18:31, Hans Cools <hcools@telenet.be> wrote:

> About the objects of rdfs:label and rdfs:comment.
> Why are the plain literals changed to xsd:string typed literals?

Interesting...my OWL editor (TBC) seems to have done that automatically!

> With the former a language tag can be added.

Ok, will look into using the lang tag instead if the language property.

> Are the codes covered by this registry http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry ?

Yes.

> The range of <#language> is xsd:string, but this datatype does not refer to a RFC5646 code.
> Note: language: being a prefix of a namespace wherein languages are declared.
> Something similar can be done for countries using codes of ISO 3166-1 version 2006 (2 and 3 char codes).

Agree - we would want to reuse any (normative) language/country ontology....
Does anyone have any suggestions.

Cheers...
Renato Iannella
Semantic Identity