Re: vCard Update

Renato,

just a thought... I know we have a timing issue here, but maybe it is worth thinking ahead (e.g., republishing a note later) with an eye on RDF 1.1 that should be finalized sometimes in 2012. One of the few changes in RDF 1.1 is the handling of language and plain literals:

http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/raw-file/default/rdf-concepts/index.html#section-Graph-Literal

I am not sure it influences your design (frankly, I have not checked it), but it may be worth having a look whether it could.

Ivan

On Oct 16, 2012, at 01:52 , Renato Iannella wrote:

> On 15 Oct 2012, at 18:31, Hans Cools <hcools@telenet.be> wrote:
>
>> About the objects of rdfs:label and rdfs:comment.
>> Why are the plain literals changed to xsd:string typed literals?
>
> Interesting...my OWL editor (TBC) seems to have done that automatically!
>
>> With the former a language tag can be added.
>
> Ok, will look into using the lang tag instead if the language property.
>
>> Are the codes covered by this registry http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry ?
>
> Yes.
>
>> The range of <#language> is xsd:string, but this datatype does not refer to a RFC5646 code.
>> Note: language: being a prefix of a namespace wherein languages are declared.
>> Something similar can be done for countries using codes of ISO 3166-1 version 2006 (2 and 3 char codes).
>
> Agree - we would want to reuse any (normative) language/country ontology....
> Does anyone have any suggestions.
>
> Cheers...
> Renato Iannella
> Semantic Identity