Family and Book ontologies

From: Mohamed-Foued Sriti <sritia@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 07:21:47 +0300
To: semantic-web@w3.org
Hello everybody,

1. I'm developing now an ontology in which I need to describe persons,
family relationships and book/author information.
Is there a well known (consistent/mature/commonly used) ontologies or
anybody knows or had used/tested/developed ontologies  about family or
books.

2. Is there any existing and effective tool that allows to extract a
consistent portion from an ontology to be integrated easily in a new
ontology under development (I'm wondering also if there's some licensing
issues when we do this???)

I'll grateful,
MF