Re: Family and Book ontologies

From: Martin G. SkjŠveland <martige@ifi.uio.no>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 09:40:29 +0100
To: semantic-web@w3.org
On 29/11/12 05:21, Mohamed-Foued Sriti wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> 1. I'm developing now an ontology in which I need to describe persons,
> family relationships and book/author information.
> Is there a well known (consistent/mature/commonly used) ontologies or
> anybody knows or had used/tested/developed ontologies  about family or
> books.

These might be relevant reads:

  1. A Family History Knowledge Base Using OWL 2
    http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-432/owled2008eu_submission_29.pdf

  2. A Solution for the Man-Man Problem in the Family History Knowledge Base
    http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-529/owled2009_submission_32.pdf

and here's the ontology:

   http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~stevensr/ontology/family.rdf.owl

Martin