Re: PageRank approaches

From: Enrique Pérez Arnaud <enriquepablo@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 23:09:21 +0200
To: Michael Brunnbauer <brunni@netestate.de>
Cc: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>, semantic-web@w3.org
Hi,

2012/5/11 Michael Brunnbauer <brunni@netestate.de>

> I was thinking about how to choose promising triples for reasoning over
> vast
> amounts of data in order to avoid problems with computational complexity.

Any reasoning software necessarily defines validity. Not what is and what
is not true, but what kind of information may or may not be true, and what
would also be true if what may be true is so.

Would not PageRank compromise the validity of the reasoning software that
had to analyze its results?

I mean, for human searches PageRank may be reasonable, but is it so for
logical searches?

--
Enrique Pérez Arnaud
enriquepablo@gmail.com