Call for participants: Moving to Moose Hackathon 2012

From: Kjetil Kjernsmo <kjetil@kjernsmo.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 09:49:01 +0200
To: semantic-web@w3.org
All,

Some of you might be interested in the hackathon we're doing in August:

http://act.yapc.eu/mtmh2012/

Moose is the name of a meta-object protocol-based object system for Perl,
and the Semantic Web with Perl community has been looking into migrating
core modules to that for some time. There are several benefits: First, we
hope to achieve a much more flexible API for low-level stuff, (i.e. not only
integrate to triple stores at the listStatements/addStatement
/removeStatement level, but several other extension points). Also, we hope
to match RDF semantics with Moose, which would yield much more intuitive
APIs and improved run-time flexibility.

This is just a part of the hackathon though, there's a lot of work going
around us, and all the foremost hackers in the community will be there.

Note that this is likely to be the most spectacular hackathon ever! :-) The
venue is the Preikestolen Mountain Lodge, the starting point for a hike up
to Preikestolen, many times named as one of the most spectacular places on
Earth.

Important dates:

25th of June: Deadline for signing up
25th of August: Arrival in Stavanger
30th of August: The end of the hackathon

Best,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo