W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > semantic-web@w3.org > January 2012

status and problems on sematicweb.org

From: Yury Katkov <katkov.juriy@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 14:43:59 +0400
Message-ID: <CAAT7DEEe34KS+Tzxw5dc2Rjz6CWZN6PnkNptQz=PeTHG24hGyw@mail.gmail.com>
To: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>, Semantic MediaWiki users <semediawiki-user@lists.sourceforge.net>
Hi everyone!

What is the current status of the semanticweb.org website? It used to be
the main wiki about the semantic web, it has a lot of cool and useful
information about everything. But now it seems abandoned. I mean, there are
about 30 real writers who update the information about their projects an
write articles, but they do something like 30% of changes. The other 70% is
spam!

Are there guys who support the website?
Who manages the community, are there any plans of creating projects and
articles about SW? Is there community at all?

In my opinion if this great website suppose to be alive the first goal is
to find volunteers who'll help administrator to combat spam (with bots,
extensions and editing policies) and support the new activities and projets
on the wiki. (I'm ready to be one of them).
If this wiki lived only in the past when it was a big hype around Semantic
Web topics and now without a big funding nobody wants to use it - wouldn't
it better to be frozen?

I appreciate and admire people who started up the wiki. Please, don't let
it be the rotting memorial to the past of the Semantic Web.
-----
Sincerely yours,
Yury Katkov, WikiVote llc
Received on Thursday, 12 January 2012 13:42:17 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 26 March 2013 21:45:46 GMT