Re: Tools to produce HTML documentation of RDFS / OWL ontologies

From: Carlos Tejo <carlos.tejo@fundacionctic.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 10:03:20 +0100
To: Tim rdf <timrdf@gmail.com>
Cc: Sergio Fernández <sergio.fernandez@fundacionctic.org>, Bob Ferris <zazi@smiy.org>, semantic-web@w3.org
Hi Tim,

2012/2/27 Tim rdf <timrdf@gmail.com>:
> 2012/2/27 Sergio Fernández <sergio.fernandez@fundacionctic.org>:
>> Obviously I totally agree with Bob on recommend Parrot. Please, take a
>> look on what this tool can generate [1] without any effort.
>
> You applied it to our ontology :-)
> That certainly _is_ no effort.
> If my group needs to tweak this output, what is the best way to do that?
> We'll need it to be in a format worthy of insertion into a W3C Recommendation.

Nowadays, there are two ways to tweak the output.

On one hand, the CSS can be customized, using the parameter
"customizeCssUrl" available in the form (look at "More options" box).
Look at [1] for an example.

On the other, a prologue and a appendix can be manually added using
the generated report. The documentation that explain this feature is
available in [2]. You can see an example in [3]

Dont' hesitate to contact us if you need more information and any
feedback will be really appreciate.

Best regards,

Carlos Tejo

[1] http://vocab.ctic.es/reco
[2] http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/parrot-project/index.php?title=How_to_use_Parrot#How_to_customize_a_Parrot_report_adding_a_prologue_and_an_appendix
[3] http://ontorule-project.eu/parrot/parrot?reportURL=http%3A%2F%2Fontorule-project.eu%2Fresources%2Fparrot%2Fexamples%2Fsteel.html&profile=technical&language=en

Carlos Tejo Alonso
CTIC-Centro Tecnológico
Parque Científico y Tecnológico de Gijón
c/ Ada Byron, 39 Edificio Centros Tecnológicos
33203 Gijón - Asturias - Spain
Tel.: +34 984 29 12 12
Fax: +34 984 39 06 12
E-mail: carlos.tejo@fundacionctic.org