Re: Intranet ontology?

I recently started using *gist*™ <http://semanticarts.com/gist>, a freely
available minimalist upper enterprise ontology developed by Semantic Arts*.
It is designed to have the maximum coverage of typical business ontology
concepts with the fewest number of primitives and the least amount of
ambiguity.

It does not specialize in corporate intranet per se, but does have a core
set of concepts of the sort you mention below. I just completed a project
using it to develop an enterprise ontology for a health care company with
over 1000 classes and 400 properties.

There will be two talks on gist at SemTech 2012.
*gist: A Freely Available Upper Ontology for Business, Introduction and
Case Studies<http://semtechbizsf2012.semanticweb.com/agenda.cfm?confid=65&scheduleDay=PRINT&c=stenpreg>
*

*In the Trenches with Enterprise
Ontology<http://semtechbizsf2012.semanticweb.com/agenda.cfm?confid=65&scheduleDay=PRINT>
*
Which talks about the use of gist in the development of a health care
enterprise ontology.

*gist*™ <http://semanticarts.com/gist> is also undergoing active
development, future releases will be out soon.
Contact myself <uschold@semanticarts.com> or Dave
McComb<mccomb@semanticarts.com>if you want further information.

Michael

* Disclosure: I work for Semantic Arts.