Re: Press.net News Ontology

Hi Jarred,

at a first glance, here are my remarks:

1. pne:Event, pne:sub_event seem to be a bit duplicated. I guess,
event:Event, event:sub_event are enough.

2. pne:title can be replaced by, e.g., dc:title.

3. pns:Person can be replaced by foaf:Person.

4. pns:Organization can be replaced by foaf:Organization.

5. pns:worksFor can be replaced by rel:employedBy [1].

6. pns:Lcoation can be replaced by geo:SpatialThing

7. Re. the tagging terms, I would recommend to have a look at the Tag
Ontology [2] or similar (see, e.g., [3])

8. Re. biographical events I would recommend to have a look at the Bio
Vocabulary [4], e.g., bio:birth/bio:death.

9. pns:label can be replaced by dc:title (or rdfs:label).

10. pns:comment can be replaced by dc:description (or rdfs:comment).

11. pns:describedBy can be replaced by wdrs:describedby [5].

12. Re. bibliographic terms I would recommend to have a look at the Bibo
Ontology [6], e.g., bibo:Image (or foaf:Image), or the FRBR Vocabulary
[7], e.g., frbr:Text.

13. pna:hasThumbnail can be replaced by foaf:thumbnail.

Please help us to create 'shared understanding' by reutilising terms of
existing Semantic Web ontologies.

Cheers,

Bo

[1] http://purl.org/vocab/relationship/employedBy