Re: Best Practice for Renaming OWL Vocabulary Elements

On Thursday, May 19, 2011, Martin Hepp <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org> wrote:
> Hi Michael:
> On May 18, 2011, at 9:11 PM, Michael F Uschold wrote:
>
>> This is a a limitation with current tools.
>
> "Current tools", i.e. the ecosystem in which we expect broad adoption of SW technology, is not just a temporary, minor obstacle;
> it is likely THE most important aspect our technical proposals must fit to.

This view is incredibly short sighted, and shows little awareness of
the actual historical evolution of technological innovation. Are we
still using Mosaic to browse the web? Do you not think the development
of the many cms for web, or the build your own site from template
tools offered by  providers had nothing to do with broad scale
adoption of HTML. Here you are thinking, despite your protestations,
like a computer programmer. But one who hasn't yet taken the required
course In languages and compilers.

> Otherwise, the SW will be as successful as OS/2 in the OS market, with IBM requiring adopters to replace all existing tools and applications in order to get the benefits of a better operating system.

?
To the contrary your argument would be designing for DOS should have
been the accepted standard for ensuring innovation in operating
systems.

-Alan