Re: Best Practice for Renaming OWL Vocabulary Elements

From: Martin Hepp <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 10:48:38 +0200
Cc: Ryan Kohl <ryanckohl@gmail.com>, Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>, "semantic-web@w3.org" <semantic-web@w3.org>, "public-lod@w3.org" <public-lod@w3.org>
To: Michael F Uschold <uschold@gmail.com>
Hi Michael:
On May 18, 2011, at 9:11 PM, Michael F Uschold wrote:

> This is a a limitation with current tools.

"Current tools", i.e. the ecosystem in which we expect broad adoption of SW technology, is not just a temporary, minor obstacle;
it is likely THE most important aspect our technical proposals must fit to.

Otherwise, the SW will be as successful as OS/2 in the OS market, with IBM requiring adopters to replace all existing tools and applications in order to get the benefits of a better operating system.

Martin