Hackers -- Re: Schema.org considered helpful

On 18 Jun 2011, at 14:38, Paola Di Maio wrote:

> And whatever suggestion could have contributed to clarify issues, was dismissed in the first place. (or buried in pointless speculative arguments about anything that could possibly bring the discussions to tackle the real issues)
>
> I could not believe that such large projects were being planned, funded and delivered with such obvious flaws built in (more obvious to some than others perhaps). I am sure i have posted a list of SW systemic flaws somewhere.

I have been working on the Social Web for a while as you know, with the aim of building things that could be immediately useful for millions of people. But of course it does require everyone to pitch in a bit - being social distributed framework. For example we need more people with WebIDs if we are going to be able to build fun services to use those, and so build a linked data based social web.  We need those profiles to be tied together and be easy to link up. None of that is rocket science.

I am busy hacking on clerezza.org (an apache incubator project) to show off some cool demos of what one can do with this. But of course we need more people to join us. It would help if the W3C or other organisations provided everyone of its members with a webid, so that we could then add simple authentication to different apps and start collaborating together.

What do you think? Is there some way you can help us evangelise this simple yet practical aspect of the semantic web that could help every body?

Henry

PS. latest WebID in 8 minutes:
  http://bblfish.net/blog/2011/05/25/

Social Web Architect