Re: History request

From: Renato Iannella <ri@semanticidentity.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 13:11:52 +1000
Cc: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
To: nathan@webr3.org

On 10 Feb 2011, at 01:38, Nathan wrote:

> 1: A pointer to discussions where RDF moved from PICS-NG (essentially k/v object model) to triple based statements / graph
> - specifically interested to see if the model came first then collided with PICS NG to turn in to RDF/XML, or if the model came as a result of creating RDF/XML.
>
> 2: A pointer to the initial requirements for "Namespaces", it' my understanding that RDF required XML to have namespaces in order to be able to serialize RDF in XML, and I was interested to see the initial requirements.

There is some info here: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe/200407/swintro/syntaxdesign.html

But the best option (if u can) is to get access to the archives for:

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-rdf-syntax-wg/

And look for the minutes of the first WG meeting in Seattle in 1997 ;-)

Cheers...
Renato Iannella
Semantic Identity
http://semanticidentity.com