History request

From: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 15:38:27 +0000
To: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
CC: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Hi All,

I'm currently trying to find two bits of historical information about
RDF and Namespaces.

1: A pointer to discussions where RDF moved from PICS-NG (essentially
k/v object model) to triple based statements / graph
  - specifically interested to see if the model came first then collided
with PICS NG to turn in to RDF/XML, or if the model came as a result of
creating RDF/XML.

2: A pointer to the initial requirements for "Namespaces", it' my
understanding that RDF required XML to have namespaces in order to be
able to serialize RDF in XML, and I was interested to see the initial
requirements.

TIA,

Nathan