Re: URI in a URI

From: Andrea Splendiani <andrea.splendiani@bbsrc.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 14:37:43 +0000
To: Vincent Huang A <vincent.a.huang@ericsson.com>
Cc: semantic-web@w3.org

If you think in terms of URIs, you are denoting a value with an identifier
which is:

> http://example.com/sensors/sensor1/services#Temperature

not, just "Temperature".

I would think along the lines:
> http://example.com/sensors/sensor1/services/Temperature

returns an RDF fragment which states:
<http://sweet.jpl.nasa.gov/2.1/propTemperature> value

Or for some reason you need just one value as return ?

Il giorno 04/feb/2011, alle ore 13.21, Vincent Huang A ha scritto:

> Hi Andrea,
> Thanks for your reply. What I want to do is to give an identity to a
service. I could use
> http://example.com/sensors/sensor1/services#Temperature
> but, I want to use a well-defined name for the service.
> http://sweet.jpl.nasa.gov/2.1/propTemperature is used as a well-defined
name instead of the word “Temperature”.
> I can have a sensor RDF with the property inside, then I will not be able
to have a URI for the service.
> Regards,
> Vincent
Behalf Of Andrea Splendiani
<vincent.a.huang@ericsson.com> ha scritto:
> Can I have a URI in another URI definition?
> For example, if I want to give a name to a temperature service coming from
a sensor, can I say:
> Thanks,
> Vincent

Andrea Splendiani
Senior Bioinformatics Scientist
Centre for Mathematical and Computational Biology
+44(0)1582 763133 ext 2004