Re: URI in a URI

From: William Waites <ww@styx.org>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 15:36:54 +0100
To: Vincent Huang A <vincent.a.huang@ericsson.com>
Cc: "semantic-web@w3.org" <semantic-web@w3.org>
* [2011-02-04 14:22:22 +0100] Vincent Huang A <vincent.a.huang@ericsson.com> écrit:

] Hi Andrea,
]
] Thanks for your reply. What I want to do is to give an identity to a service. I could use
] http://example.com/sensors/sensor1/services#Temperature
] but, I want to use a well-defined name for the service.
] http://sweet.jpl.nasa.gov/2.1/propTemperature is used as a well-defined name instead of the word ???Temperature???.

The naming of that property suggests to me (without looking
at the schema) that it is intended as a predicate. So I
would be inclined to write something like,

    <http://example.com/sensors/sensor1> a Sensor;
        rdfs:label "some pretty name for the sensor";
        sdmx:observation [
              sweet:propTemperature -273;
              sdmx:obsUnit <http://dbpedia.org/resource/Kelvin>
        ].

and possibly retroactively assert

    sweet:propTemperature rdfs:subPropertyOf sdmx:obsValue

Cheers,
-w

--
William Waites                <mailto:ww@styx.org>