Re: SPARLQ endpoint discovery

From: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 13:36:33 +0530
Cc: SW-forum Web <semantic-web@w3.org>, William Waites <ww@styx.org>
To: Francisco Javier López Pellicer <fjlopez@unizar.es>

On 31 Mar 2011, at 19:55, William Waites wrote:
> ] I'm looking for some references about SPARQL endpoint discovery. I know
> ] that it is common to have the SPARQL endpoint available at /sparql.
> ] However, I wonder if there is something published about the discovery of
> ] these endpoints (e.g. how sindicebot works, or discovery of endpoints
> ] used in Web forms).
>
> The void vocabulary lets you speficy the sparql endpoint
> containing a particular dataset.

To be more precise:
http://www.w3.org/TR/void/#well-known

This states that on domain www.example.com, the URI

http://www.example.com/.well-known/void

can be expected to be a redirect to an RDF document that describes any RDF datasets hosted on that domain, expressed in the VoID vocabulary. Looking for void:sparqlEndpoint triples in such a VoID description would yield the endpoint URL.

Best,
Richard