Natural RDF

From: Gregg Reynolds <dev@mobileink.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 01:56:27 -0500
To: SW-forum Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
Hi list,

Just for fun I decided to put together a proof-of-concept doc to see what a
purely syntactic definition of RDF might look like.  The basic idea is
pretty simple; just define a meta syntax, some relations on graphs (shape
isomorphism, congruence), and a bunch of "reduction" rules (a/k/a
inferencing rules, transformation rules).  The rules are modeled on the
introduction/elimination rules of natural deduction.

It's not yet complete but is sufficiently detailed to establish the
plausibility of the approach.  I think.  The result looks pretty promising
to me; I suspect a rigorous, simple, and clear definition of RDF without the
model theory stuff could probably be done in under five pages.  Comments?

RDIL: RDF with a Human
Face<http://blog.mobileink.com/2011/03/rdil-rdf-with-human-face.html>

Thanks,

Gregg