Re: Next version of the LOD cloud diagram. Please provide input, so that your dataset is included.

From: Paola Di Maio <paola.dimaio@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 08:13:15 +0100
To: Chris Bizer <chris@bizer.de>
Cc: semantic-web@w3.org
Chris

thanks for the update

This time it is likely to contain around 180 datasets altogether having a
> size of around 20 billion RDF triples.

dream or nightmare?

> For drawing the next version of the LOD cloud, we have started to collect
> meta-information about the datasets to be included on CKAN, a registry of
> open data and content packages provided by the Open Knowledge Foundation. The
> list of datasets about which we have already collected information is be
> found here: http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/lodcloud/ In addition to basic
> meta-information about a dataset such as its size and the number of links
> pointing at other datasets, we also collect additional meta-information
> about the license of the dataset, alternative access options like SPARQL
> endpoints or dataset dumps, and whether there exist a voiD description of
> the dataset or a Semantic Web Sitemap.

glad to see some knowledge organisation effort around LOD -  it would be
advisable if any of you related to this effort could join the okf project
coordination list
where all okfn related project information is being coordinated

> So if your dataset is not listed yet and you want to have it included into
> the next version of the LOD cloud, please add it to CKAN until next
> Wednesday (September 8th, 2010).

may I ask why capping the date, rather than keeping it an open/ongoing
effort? why not continually update the registry

thanks

PDM