Re: what is on Trust and Proof levels?

On 31 Oct 2010, at 09:23, Ivan Herman wrote:

> On Oct 29, 2010, at 01:58 , Juriy Katkov wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone!
>> I've studied semantic web standard and technologies for some time but still don't understand: what kind of tecnologies are on Proof and Trust levels of the Semantic Web layer cake? Have these standards already built or not?
>>

> The short answer is: no.
>
> There is R&D on trust, security issues, signatures, etc, but none that I know of are of a maturity level to be defined as a standard. (Yet?)

Well I think WebID is really past that stage now. It's been tested on more platforms that one
can think of and list, people have written thesis on it, implementations have been made, ...

   http://esw.w3.org/Foaf%2Bssl

It's mature, and ready to be cooked by a willing standards organisation.
If you want to support it and are member of the W3C please add your name to the
wiki here:
http://esw.w3.org/Foaf%2Bssl/WebIdWorkingGroup

That provides a foundation stone for the rest. The rest is still a lot of work.

Henry

> Ivan
>

>> Sincerely yours,
>> Yuriy Katkov