Re: Enquire - WWW - Semantic Desktop/PersonalDataWiki? do you agree?

On 22 November 2010 18:19, Stephen Williams <sdw@lig.net> wrote:

> Getting the enabling technology and paradigms right is a prerequisite for
> such a solution, but they are not sufficient.  Jumping beyond our current
> plateau is going to take more than the simple application veneer that were
> enough for most generations of solutions.  Too many people are constrained
> to thinking in the language of existing software elements.  This shows even
> with techies by the slow adoption of triplestores / SPARQL / et al vs. RDBMS
> systems, which are clearly deficient.

They are not in the least obviously deficient. They are extremely efficient
and timely in what they deliver. Triple store returns results in slow motion
compared to RDBS. Look at the Berlin benchmarks.
Notice what project inspired those benchmarks.
Where is this plateau I am jumping beyond? I'm not sure I have reached it
yet.
This is the language of a convinced evangelist. But it isn't a convincing
rational argument.

Adam