Re: RDF Reification

Nuno Luz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently implementing a triple store and RDF reification

In my view these are two unrelated concepts.

RDF reification is a vocabulary for describing RDF statements ... yes
you can store such reified statements as four triples in a triple store,
but that is precisely like storing any other four triples in your triple
store.

Other approach lead, in my view, to excessive complication - essentially
optimizing a not very interesting special case.

It may be interesting to implement a triple store as a object store, in
which certain resources are known to usually come with various
properties. This approach might lead to support for reified triples at
the storage level .... however it is very hard to get this right (what
do you do if the cardinalities are not what you expect etc etc?). To me,
your time is better spent optimizing triple storage and ignoring 'objects'

Jeremy