Re: The Ordered List Ontology

From: Silvio Peroni <speroni@cs.unibo.it>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 14:08:11 +0100
Cc: Bob Ferris <zazi@elbklang.net>, Linked Data community <public-lod@w3.org>, Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
To: Aldo Gangemi <aldo.gangemi@cnr.it>
Hi Aldo,

> Hi Bob, I like the basic idea here because it matches a real modelling need to represent ordered collections/lists.
> A vocabulary for that can be submitted as a design patterns on ODP [1] for public utility.

An OWL ontology describing ordered/non-ordered collections [1] has been published by Paolo Ciccarese for SWAN [2]. I think it is enough general to be considered a kind of pattern for handling these scenarios, isn't it?

Best,

S.

[1] - http://swan.mindinformatics.org/spec/1.2/collections.html
[2] - http://swan.mindinformatics.org